Main job responsibilities:
- Assists and supports lawyers and paralegals with their work as needed.
- Enhances lawyer effectiveness by providing information-management support and representing the lawyer to clients and others.
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone, and by answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics to help coordinate case preparation.
- Reads, researches, reviews, verifies, and routes correspondence, reports, and legal documents.
- Drafts, revises, and edits letters and other written documents, and collects and analyzes information.
- Organizes client conferences, and attorney meetings by scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other parties, and by coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals.
- Prepares expense reports and generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses, preparing invoices, and tracking payments.
- Maintains lawyer calendar by planning and scheduling meetings; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; and anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
- Represents lawyers by communicating on their behalf and obtaining information, following-up on delegated assignments, and knowing when to act and when to refer matters to lawyers.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/lawyer information confidential.
- Develops and maintains filing and retrieval systems, as well as digital archive systems.
- Records and documents meeting discussions, maintains transcripts, documents, and maintains evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks, placing and expediting orders, and evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and calling for repairs.
Work Hours & Benefits
We are looking for a personal assistant who can work on own initiative in a dynamic environment. The role is for someone who would like to work on a reduced hour basis between 8am and 1pm.
Legal Secretary Skills and Qualifications:
Time management and organizational skills
Verbal and written communication skills
Integrity and discretion
Computer skills, including the use of office suite
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
School leaving certificate and O’level certificates;
Previous experience in a legal environment will be considered as an asset.
Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information kindly complete the form below:
Filletti & Filletti Advocates is a leading law firm based in Malta offering a wide range of legal services.
Filletti & Filletti Advocates